02/04/2011

The Big Tissue

This is my entry for 'The Big Issue' YCN student award brief. In short the task was to: 'Build awareness and understanding of The Big Issue ethos, business model and product, with a view to increasing reach and levels of audience engagement.'
My immediate reaction was somehow tell the story of the vendor, get rid of the misleading stereotype and the best way I could think to do this was to be light-hearted and humorous. Therefore I went with the inspiration of 'Got an issue? Here's a tissue!' Calling it 'The Big Tissue' I designed a leaflet with short facts about how 'The Big Issue' is run and a few of the vendors stories and aspirations printed onto tissue which they could hand out for free.
I think the wit of this concept would appeal to a lot of people, hopefully enough to get them to read it and gain a better understanding of what they're all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment