28/04/2010

Book Illustration


Uni project: Here are my practice etching designs for our book illustration project. For this one I used a soft plate stencil which I drew onto whilst wrapped in paper with a ball-point pen (first image). This was then unwrapped, rinsed and dipped into chemicals which reacted with the indentations and made it black (second image). This was again rinsed to pull the rest of the cover on the plate off, inked up and put into the press to print (third image).

The image below was my design for the front cover of the book, I arranged the title and author of the book in the shape of a keyhole because of the content of the book. It turned out better than I had expected and think it's quite pleasing to the eye.

Overall I was really happy with how it turned out and think it would work well for the book I’ve chosen, The Collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment